Join our team!
Full-Time Job Opening:
This is a full-time position. The Student Pastor is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual growth and development of middle and high school students. This includes weekly programs and periodic special events (camps, conferences, trips, service projects, etc.). The Student Pastor will focus on the development of teams and systems to build young followers (disciples) of Jesus by implementing and fostering a comprehensive approach to student ministry while serving as a spiritual leader and role model.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Functions (not an all-inclusive list):
- Promote, support, and exemplify the Vision, Mission, and Values of Quest Church. Agree with the church’s beliefs as described in the Quest Church Faith and Practice document.
- In consultation with the Senior Pastor, Executive Pastor, and Next Generation Staff, continually develop and implement a strategic plan for the entire student ministries department of Quest Church. This should include ongoing branding of the program, internal and external marketing/communication, recruitment and training of adult volunteers, and short/mid/long-range plans to grow the Vision for this ministry.
- Oversee/direct the student ministry program (6-12th grades) of Quest to include – weekly student gatherings with worship, Bible study/teaching, etc.; developing and growing other student small groups (Bible studies, etc.); overseeing and implementing other student events to include fundraisers, special events, etc.; and planning and implementing student retreats.
- Oversee/direct the strategic training of all volunteers in student ministries program.
- Work to build an “insider-out” culture in Student Ministries that focus on building, equipping and empowering adults and students who will go out and invite/include others not yet involved in Quest’s Student Ministries.
- Maintain a Youth Council that meets regularly to dream, encourage, plan, and improve the student ministries of Quest. This Council should include the Student Pastor, parents, and others selected.
- Have a “family ministries” focus that involves key stakeholders in students’ lives. Involve parents, mentors, coaches in the ministry through communication, feedback/evaluation, special events, etc.
- Develop and oversee annual Student Ministries Budget.
Other Job Requirements/Competencies:
- Oversee/direct the Young Adult program.
- Develop, train, and oversee leaders.
- Provide administrative support for this ministry.
- Participate in staff meetings and church meetings as required by pastor.
- Design, plan, and conduct periodic parent meetings to meet the needs and expectations of families attending the church.
- Any other tasks/duties as required by pastor.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Self-managed. Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work under pressure.
- Committed Christian who understands, supports, and exemplifies the vision, mission, and values of The Quest Church.
- Previous experience in leading a Christian youth ministry is strongly preferred.
- Passion to minister to middle school and high school students.
- Christian college or seminary education is preferred.
- Previous work in a non-profit or church setting is preferred.
- Disciplined in use of social media platforms.
Position Type and Work Schedule:
- Salaried, full-time position with average of 40 hours per week. This includes working weekends and nights as required.
- Note that some weeks may require more than the 40 hours per week, especially during church camps and retreats. Some flextime, from normal schedule, is allowed to maintain the 40 per week average.
- This position requires a criminal background check. Applicant must submit to this background check.